I am Wangui Hinga. The girl behind the words on Scripturesandliving.com.☺
As a young woman, I’ve had my own fair share of challenges in life. The hard thing about challenging times is how they can push us to a corner, rob our joy, and force us to live a life of faithlessness.
I wanted to change the narrative. To use scriptures and words to help other young women like you through challenging times. Scriptures and Living is my way of showing you that you are not alone in feeling inadequate, worrisome, anxious, scared, confused and so many emotions that come with adulting.
These emotions, even though common for most women, are not part of God’s plan in our lives. Through scriptures, words inspired from God and a dose of fun, I will help you get through the tough times.
I hope you’ll join me as we get to explore, our God-given callings, careers, hobbies and identity in life.
Sounds like something you’d want?
Be part of the family today.
A brief story of how this came to be
I’ve always been shy and I find it hard to express myself without anxiety cropping up. So when Covid hit my country and my life was kind of put on hold, I started thinking of a new project to try out.
Since I had been a freelance writer for some time, I decided to try out blogging and see how it goes. At first, the blog was known as Studentplush.com (In case you find a reference of the same, please ignore it. I’m still making the changes.)
I wrote a few posts on student life like this and this but I always felt like this was not the primary trajectory that God wanted me to take. I had prayed about it but my impatience had cropped up so I didn’t wait for an answer. Instead, I went ahead and did my own thing.
Talking about God and Christianity would be like putting my heart out there for people to scrutinize and make judgments of. Yet, every day, there was a tugging in my spirit urging me to share my Christian journey and help other young women grow in Christ.
I was reluctant for a few months until I gave in. (It’s hard to win against God’s will for your life.) A couple of months later, here we are. It’s a journey I’m only starting and I hope that we all grow into his likeness with each post that goes up.
A little bit more about me.
- I’m a Kenyan who loves ugali.
- A freelance content writer and 3rd-year student of Project Management at JKUAT.
- I also write fiction novels on the side. (Christian Romance and a bit of thriller)
- I’m an INFJ and tend to shy away from social gatherings (I’m working on conquering my anxiety and fear)
- Love reading anything I can get my hands on; Alton Gansky, Jeff Strucker, Francine Rivers, Margret Ogola, and Karen Kingsbury are a few of my favorite authors.
- I need to have an ongoing project at all times. (An INFJ thing.)
- Most importantly, Christ saved me from death and has been a friend, guide, and the best part of my life.
That’s all for now.
On a side note; I really love being in the fantasy world and creating fictional characters inside my head. A little bit crazy but fun.
Hit me any question at Wangui@scripturesandliving.com and you’ll get a quick reply.
Explore the Blog